Saturday, January 3, 2009

It's cold outside....


Today is a bitter sweet day. Bitter because it really is bitterly cold outside and I really wanted to go out and play in the snow. The last couple of days have been really "nice" but Matt's been working. Today he's home and it's freezing--I'm a wimp for the cold. We bought a couple of snowmobiles during the summer and have been wanting to take them out. We've taken them around town and to the bus stop, but that's about it. Look how cold it looks. And how lonely they look just sitting there while their owners are trapped inside (sorry, am I depressing you too)....






Plus our third and final gold fish died. We don't know when it actually kicked the bucket but Cally found it lying at the bottom of the pond lifeless and sure enough when I pocked it with the snow shovel it floated to the top. I thought you might want to see it's lifeless body so here it is....








We have one out of five fish left. We had three gold fish and two Koi fish in our pond at the beginning of the summer. Going into winter our friends laughed at us that we thought we could keep them alive through the winter. The Koi fish have survived 7 years up here in a different pond so we're still hopeful. The first Koi died in the summer. I told our neighbor who gave them to us that he was probably just old. He responded that they typically live 100's of years. I looked it up and they really do live around 200 years. So I guess we just killed it somehow. In memory of rainbow....






So let's get to the sweet part of today since you're all depressed...It really is sweet because we need snow!! We need a few more feet so the snow will cover the sagebrush and we can go sledding and snowmobiling behind our house. That's what kept us sane last winter and if it's going to be cold, let's play!!


Just to keep you all up to date.... We are taking on an adventure. Matt has been asked to take over the Denver franchise and manufacturing plant. He's asked for the whole state and part of Wyoming. They've agreed and we're starting on monday. We hope to be able to stay in the mountains and Matt will just commute, but we'll see what happens. I'm mentally preparing myself in case that doesn't work out. We're taking on two partners so that we can stay here. One will run the plant and the other will be in charge of installations. Matt will then be left with sales, marketing, and advertizing. We're excited for the opportunity.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I wish we could come play!

Good lucky with the business. It sounds exciting.