Christmas 2008...
We have the coolest neighbor! He's what I always imgained a mountain man to look like. He's incredibly generous and the nicest man!! As you'll see he has the perfect facial hair for being santa. He dressed up and suprised the kids. He let me know he was coming so I tried to prepare them a little by telling them that santa called and he was coming by our house to meet them since he was already in town for the library, christmas party, and craft show. Casey's always been a little wary of Santa (at least until Christmas morning). I was pretty sure they'd recognize him so I put in a disclaimer that I didn't know if it would be santa himself or one of his special helpers. He came in our back sliding glass door. Here's their reactions. As you can see Cally was excited, Casey was a little skeptical and a little confused, and Annabelle was just plan worried bracing herself on the ottoman....
Then we went to the branch christmas party. Casey again was scared to sit on his lap and was hiding out in the hall. Dan, our friend, told him to just go sit on his lap for the candy and prize. So with Cally holding his had he sat on his lap. Santa began with the usual "So what would you like for Christmas?" Casey frustrated that santa had short term memory loss replied "Santa, I already told you what I want". So Santa began trying to guess. Casey just sat there looking bewildered with a frown on his face so I started making shooting gun actions. So Santa finally remembered and all was well as Casey relieved said, "yeah, you remembered".
We went to Wyoming this year again for Christmas and had a great time with cousins. We stopped by my sisters house on our way to meet their newest cousin Paxton. We almost beat her home from the hospital, she had gotten there minutes before we did. She was such a great sport. He is a beautiful baby.
Here's a "few" pictures of christmas morning....
Cally (my sweet Cally) spent all of her saved money on presents for her family (she also bought herself something little:)). Her school had a secret santa shop. She bought very thoughtful gifts. Annabelle is opening a little stuffed froggie. Casey got a tire tape measure (he loves tape measures). Mom got a calculator since she's always misplacing hers. Dad got a football keychain that said "Pro Dad".
Here's a "few" pictures of christmas morning....
Cally (my sweet Cally) spent all of her saved money on presents for her family (she also bought herself something little:)). Her school had a secret santa shop. She bought very thoughtful gifts. Annabelle is opening a little stuffed froggie. Casey got a tire tape measure (he loves tape measures). Mom got a calculator since she's always misplacing hers. Dad got a football keychain that said "Pro Dad".
Cally asked santa for: 1. A dog with a bone 2. A horse with a carrot 3. A jewelry box with a clock instead of a mirror 4. An island princess lap top computer. She had such a specific list that it was a little hard for santa to find. Luckily the day before the family left for Wyoming santa luckily found a dog with a bone (remote). He/She ran into Target to return some shoes and there it was sitting on the returned shelf. That was a close one. The look on her face makes me think she might have been thinking "I knew he'd come through"...
5 comments:
I have so many things to respond to in this post I just know I'll forget most of them!
We miss you guys so much! I know you want to be up with your family in Wyoming for Christmas but we want you here too. Glad to hear you had a good time. I loved all the pictures of the kids especially the Santa shots. Oh yes, Santa is just a huge web of lies! Get used to it. Frankly, I will be relieved in the spring when I finally tell Josie and Jon, it has been painful for a while as they have been sniffing around, but I just wasn't ready to tell them and I needed one more year. When I was first reading the list of the toys Cally would like for Christmas, I thought it said Casey and so I am reading a dog with a bone, a horse with a carrot...this is so cute!....a jewelry box with a clock in it?? I guess the clock is more masculine than the mirror, but a jewelry box? That just doesn't sound like the Casey I know....OH! It's Cally! Much better.
You must know that when we were little my dad would have a fit if we went outside with a coat and shorts on. Something about us looking like morons in front of the neighbors or something--like they didn't already know that! So coats with shorts are kind of a Pedersen tradition.
Hopefully you will get enough snow soon for your snowmobiles. We hope you'll be around soon.
...and your posts are AWESOME. Dead goldfishes, stoned Matts, and depressed snow mobiles. Janna P, why do you not live closer?!
I wish I would have known you were home for Christmas! We were there too and it would have been fun to see you! Your kids are getting so big and are too cute.:)
Looks like you had a great Christmas! I love the picture of Matt clearing snow! :) Your kids are growing and so adorable!
Such fun pictures! Merry Christmas Janna!
Post a Comment