Now wait, I have other good news....Now I realize it's February and I still have who knows how many more months of winter left (so this declaration may change), but I can finally say I LOVE LIVING IN THE MOUNTAINS!! It's taken me three years of secretly wishing we could move back down to the front range (secretly because I didn't want to hurt Matt's feelings), to realize I really enjoy living here. I don't know what changed my mind....Maybe it's that we now have our own house and life settled down for a few months (certainly not right now), or that we can go down to Denver pretty easily and see family and friends, or that I'm finally back into competitive sports (plug for my v-ball team--we're tied for first going into the tournament--we have a guy from Slovachia who's like 6'7" and an amazing baller--no one can get it through his block or return his hits). Who knows what happened, but life's great here in the mountains.
Casey is constantly cracking me up. He doesn't mean to, in fact, he gets upset if anyone laughs at him (good or bad) he doesn't like the attention. Luckily for us we were able to laugh at him behind his back--while he was sleeping. I had gotten down from the top shelf of his closet some things from last winter. Included in this was some things Annabelle has outgrown. I had set them on a lower shelf to later be put in storage. While he was suppose to be sleeping, he was actually trying on clothes. You'll notice he's in a very boyish pretty purple coat, much too small pink full body baby snowsuit, and a front carrier....I love this boy......
So part of the reason we love living in the mountains is the snow!! I come from a place that rarely got snow--when it did snow it came down sideways so we really just saw it in passing. It's been fun discovering fun things to do on/in the snow. Matt's been helping the kids learn to sled standing up. They're actually pretty good at it.
We have a fox den up the hill from us. Sunday morning I walked passed our front window and there was a fox walking in front of our house. I grabbed the camera and followed him out the door (wet hair, in my pajamas--I wasn't going to miss this photo op). He was much too fast for my slippered feet. I caught sight of him again down the road, by then he was hot on the tail of a female fox. She was yelping trying to get away from him. It was so fun to watch (only because to the best of my knowledge he never caught her). If you look really close at the photo you'll see the foxes--they're not sagebrush (I wish we had a better camera)....
Pretty cool.
6 comments:
What fun you are having in your new home. Looks like the winter has been fun for you- except for the loss of your fish! I'm glad you feel settled andhappy there. Casey cracks me up! That is the funniest picture! Not just that he tried it all on but that he then crawled into bed to sleep in it all! :)
Fun to hear your updates! I am glad you are enjoying your home. I miss you here. Thanks for the bday call the other day. Sorry I had to go. Let's catch up again soon.
I think your life in the mountains sounds like a dream! (A very good dream!) I'd love to live IN the mountains someday!
Night skiing sounds like a blast- I've recently gotten a desire to try it out! I have tried a few times in my life, but I was always afraid of crashing.
I miss volleyball so much! That is awesome you're able to play! Sounds like you're doing wonderful!
Wow! Maybe I want to move to the mountains!
Yay! A new post! I gotta say, your posts are very well spread out, but when you do write, it's full of pictures and info--all the good stuff! I am glad you love where you live. I felt the same way here for years, I LIKED it, but didn't love it. You guys always know how to have fun. Pie is totally jealous. Sorry about the fish. Some helper-guy! You will have to come down when Kirsten and Nic come (around my b-day) we could have a double birthday party! And if Christian comes, a triple!!
Janna, I love your pictures. What a great picture of the foxes, and the kids. Casey can be blackmailed with the purple and pink! When I went to meet Paul's parents, his mother had lots of pictures to show me of when he was little.
We now have a blog. Check it out thepleasantgrovetophams.blogspot.com
Post a Comment