We celebrated Valentine's Day alone this year because all three kids got strep throat from a friend's house during the Super Bowl. Luckily, they were feeling fine so we threw ourselves a little Valentine's Party. We played valentine's "Don't Eat Pete" with conversation jelly bellies, made and decorated heart cookies, made IPod's out of conversation heart boxes (Casey was pretty disappointed that it didn't actually play music), and watched a valentine show. We had a great time decorating the cookies. Annabelle thought she had died and gone to heaven. All three kids really got into it. Casey of course had to have blue frosting and used up two bottles of sprinkles on each cookie.

Annabelle much preferred eating the cookies.

She was very possessive of the pink sprinkles, to Cally's dismay.

One of Cally's cookies was a gingerbread girl. She put a lot of effort into decorating it, it was the last to be eaten.

Casey's masterpieces...

This one is an exact replica of "Nacho Libre"---at least according to Casey. Can you see the resemblance?

Cally's taking ski lessons. I didn't think Casey would be ready, so I didn't sign him up. But he's awesome and would have done great. While Cally was in her lessons, Casey, Annabelle and I went over to the kiddy hill. He has no fear (which worries me at times). I think he's ready for the chair lift, so we'll be trying that out tomorrow. Here's Casey heading up the "Magic Carpet" (moving walkway).

I didn't think he'd last all day but at the end of the day he was still begging for one more time.

Here's Cally starting her lessons....

She started on the kiddie hill so Casey was able to ski with her for a little while.


Annabelle was a great sport. She loved riding up the magic carpet and sledding down when there weren't many kids skiing on the hill. She was pretty tired and was content to be pulled around on her back....

After lunch she did manage to fall asleep for a few mintues. Looks comfortable huh?

I was shocked that they took Cally up the lift on her first day. Her instructor said she was pretty nervous. She and another girl decided to hold hands coming off of the lift (moral support) and needless to say didn't stay upright for long. She did a great job and both kids amazed me today. I was very proud of them.
5 comments:
Sounds like you guys are having lots of fun!!! There is so much to do there year round. We miss it.
Check out our blog to find out what we have been up to.
bkstaplesfamily.blogspot.com
I am so sad your kids were sick, with Strep of all things! That is the boogie man here for sure. How fun that you guys made cookies. That is my favorite thing to do with the kids when we are snowed in with a blizzard. It takes the whole day, if you do it right :) I can't believe your kids are already skiers! Sid had a bad experience at the Klondoree in Jan, so I don't think he'll be begging to go any time soon. Fine by me! We hope to see you guys soon--are you planning on coming down when Kirsten and Nic are here? I hear Kjell and Sarah are trying to plan a trip then too. It will be so fun and cousinish!
Um, your kids are better skiiers than me, no doubt about it!! That is awesome! I totally see the Nacho Libre cookie. That was my first thought too. Dead ringer for Jack Black.
What a fun February! Your kids are going to be little athletes! It must be nice being so close to a mountain-- we miss that!
How fun! I wish we lived by a resort.
Growing up in Idaho, we got out of school one day a week (in Jan and Feb) for "ski school." Isn't that wild? They'd school bus the entire school up to the slopes. The good old days. . .
Post a Comment